Lifestyle on a budget!

As it's been about 6 months since I left Manchester and therefore 6 months of me working and actually having money (for a change) I have enjoyed being able to pop into Topshop and pick up a skirt I see or a pair of jeans I like and not worry about it. HOWEVER in June, when I had to start paying rent for my flat in Cardiff my bank balance went into shock.....empty shock. So now it's only 1 and a half days until me and my best friend move to Cardiff and I am stocking up on my budget beauty buys and clothes.

I have well and truly conquered the lifestyle on a budget!
(Granted a little help came from my dads wallet)

So clothes wise:
I bought my self some of H&M basic t-shirts
However I hate how they model these t-shirts because who nowadays wears a tight fitting basic t-shirt? So I buy mine a size too big and wear it tucked into my skinnies with a scarf. They come in really nice colours and I've invested in a burnt red and mustard colour. £7.99

Same with jeans. I am a fan of the topshop Baxter but at £40 its just not possible for me, so H&M also do nice fitting coloured skinnies, which I picked up in camel and navy for £15!

New look have also popped up on my radar lately being true followers of the "blirt" now this is my all time favourite item of clothing and I have ridiculous amounts of blirts but alongside the student discount they offer I managed to get 3 for £25. Pretty darn good!

Beauty wise its a bit more difficult.

Fake tan. 
For budget fake tan there can be only one name that every girl knows. ST MORITZ!
A home bargains star buy, as soon as you have used this £2.99 tan you will never go back to your St Tropez. It boasts that it uses similar ingredients which I highly doubt it does but who cares! For that price you get a bearable  smelling, lasting dark tan. LOVE IT!

Nail Varnish
Barry M all the way. Although I worship Topshop nail colours, £5 for a bottle is out of my price range. So instead Barry M do amazing colours for £2.99 a bottle. 

So as my student life begins yet again, I revert back to these budget beauties. 
But really it's not that bad!
xoxo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Cohen was my first love

Next festive competition

Money vs Style