Baftas best dressed

The Baftas took place last night in London and I must say for the first time I actually found it quite emotional to watch. Ben Affleck came back with a vengeance winning two awards for his film Argo. Anne Hathaway also won best supporting actress and gave a lovely speech (after she remembered to hug George Clooney) and Dermot O'leary and Caroline Flack did us brits proud when presenting live on the red carpet for E!

I have to start off with my favorite look of the whole night. Anne Hathaway has had the biggest and most glamorous fashion transformation in the last couple of years. Going from the geeky teen we saw in Princess Diaries, she has flourished into someone that I have serious style and hair envy with!


Wearing Burberry Hathaway oozed elegance and class with her stunning pixie cut and her naturally beautiful look she really pulled off this look well. Lucky for her that her short hair looks amazing or cutting it off for her award winning performance in Les Mis may have felt a little regrettable.


Jennifer Chastain also shone last night. Clashing her red hair and electric blue Roland Mouret gown. This gown was tailored PERFECTLY to her figure. It was a prime example of less is more and she really did look amazing. The red lip was also a big hit last night as many celebrities chose it to clash with their gowns.


Amy Adams was one celeb who pushed the boundaries by wearing this gorgeous lace Elie Saab dress. Although I think this dress looked a lot more daring than it actually was, there was no flesh on show really and her dignity was kept covered by the gorgeous detail. She was one of the very few women who also went for a train at the back of her dress, ignoring the wet and snowy weather.


Our very own Caroline Flack also looked amazing presenting for E! news in America. Keeping her trade mark classic style running she opted for this simple but stylish gown teamed with some serious blingy diamonds on her hands. She just can't seem to get it wrong!

Gemma Arterton has had both positive and negative reviews on her gown choice. However I personally loved it. It's nice to see someone so naturally pretty with such a great and healthy figure confidently wearing this dress. 


It was not only the ladies who shone last night however, the gentlemen also arrived in style looking very dapper in their suits. Last night also saw the birth of the Bafta beards! It seems that every A list male has decided to adopt the full face of hair. I must say though there were three gents who stood out a mile to me. Both for their style and for their over all emotion at the Baftas. It was also these two who had the best beards by far!
Ben Affleck and George Clooney gave the term "Bromance" a whole new look when they were gushing over each other and their work. Bradley Cooper also cried when Silver Lining won an award, which made me fall in love with him even more!


There were however some disappointing looks last night. 


A lot of people really loved Thandie Newton in her lace floor length gown. However I personally thought it looked quite cheap. With her hair styled to the side, her quite heavy make up and the halter neck I can't help but think that for such a beauty this is an extremely cheap look.

Another disappointment to me was SJP. Carrie Bradshaw in my eyes should always be glamorous and chic. Sarah Jessica Parker really let me down. She looked as though she had made no effort what so ever. Although her Elie Saab jumpsuit was stunning it just didn't scream out Baftas to me!

Although it is all well and good me writing this, it is all simply jealousy as I would love to be on Bradley Coopers arm, wiping away his tears wearing my custom made Marchesa but instead I was sat with a cup of tea in my pjs in snowy Shropshire. Oh well. One day Bradley, I'll be waiting!

xoxo




Comments

  1. Brilliant Post! Love Hathaway in Burberry! :)

    hermajestydebg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Education on Fashion

Christmas Party Outfit Blogger Challenge

Bits 'n' Bobs