What a girl wants, what a girl NEEDS

As a serial shopper I find holding onto my money about as easy as finding Tom Hardy reading a bedtime story cute and not incredibly sexy. So when I came to clear out my wardrobe for its seasonal transition, I realised that I have a habit for jumping in and buying the first whacky piece I can.....a whacky piece that I can only wear once in a blue moon (because I don't like wearing the same thing twice in a week) 
Now however, the light bulb has pinged and I have found 5 items that I believe every girl needs in their wardrobe to keep their outfits looking not only nice but a little bit different every time.

1. A plain white t-shirt

This is one of the best basics I have ever owned thanks to good old ASOS. This is perfect for teaming with boyfriends jeans and trainers (for Sundays only) wearing under pinafores or denim dresses or teaming with another good old classic leather skirt and a sassy red lip (as I did this week) I'm prone to a leather skirt, owning silver and candy floss pink ones means that discovering a good basic makes them all the easier to wear. 


2.  A Denim Shirt

This is has been another god send. In this weather where we aren't sure if we're imagining the hot weather or not, this has proven to be a must have. I chuck on a few pin badges (which actually came with a piece later in the post) or wear it buttoned up with jeans. Again all from ASOS.


3. A Striped Top

This top is actually quite a boxy fit with slightly split sides which make it PERFECT for wearing with jeans or tucked into skirts. Its one of those pieces that give you the freedom to play around with your make up a little more too. Hence the hot pink lips I chose to team with my look. ASOS again (not sure if the same colour way is available still but this links to a grey one)


4. A Statement Jacket

This jacket is the biggest love of my life. LOOK AT IT!!! ASOS out did themselves creating this little beauty. It was £65 but it is so worth it (and thats actually a normal amount of a coat *whispers to self*) This is the perfect jacket to sass up a basic outfit or to go full blown print clashing with. This is a bit of a stare inducer though....you have to shut yourself off to people looking at you. Some people love it others...well...just shut yourself off. This sold out pretty quick on ASOS but there are some amazing new versions.


5. A leather jacket. 

This is faux leather as I don't think I will ever be able to afford the dream Acne leather. I'm really fussy when it comes to the fit of leathers but this one is a dream. It also came from ASOS with the pin badges attached which was such a nice touch! You can obviously take them off...there were quite a few on there which were a little much but HOW CUTE.


Throw in a red lipstick and a good liquid eyeliner and you can take over the world!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Education on Fashion

Christmas Party Outfit Blogger Challenge

Bits 'n' Bobs